[ih] More Topology, Packet Radio

Barbara Denny b_a_denny at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 31 09:01:55 PDT 2021

 Eventually under the SURAN contract we/SRI got a version of the radio code.  What we received was probably BCPL because at this point I am thinking I got asked to do a modification because I was probably the only one around with BCPL experience from the Packet Radio station software.  There is a chance it was in C.  The big thing I remember was the code reminded me of more like something that might have been written by people used to a lower level language, like assembler.
My memory might be wrong but I seem to remember Packet Radio had 256 byte packets.
The different CAP version numbers indicated functionality in the Packet Radio network so if I remember correctly CAP6.2 included the Packet Radio Station while CAP7 was stationless.
barbara