[ih] Better-than-Best Effort

Toerless Eckert tte at cs.fau.de
Fri Aug 27 12:56:34 PDT 2021

Hmm... As long as you or your users get the normal level of spam,
it seems that easy enough to deploy spam filters like spamassassin.

At least i think most of historic operators of MTAs (universities) still run
them without firewalling themselves with pricier options but directly
expose their port 25 to the Internet. From my understanding, this
just fails (short term) if somebody is really so annoyed with a professor that
he is willing to pay $100 or more for targeted DDoS. Which admittedly is a low enough
bar, but its also not resulting in persistent DDoS.

In any case, maybe one additional distinguisher is that email also
has a lot of commercialized attacks that you can buy at retail *sigh*

Cheers
    toerless

--
---