[ih] Better-than-Best Effort

Toerless Eckert tte at cs.fau.de
Thu Aug 26 22:34:09 PDT 2021

Any other top level reason for the email issue other than DDoS ?

Wrt to DDoS i think thats the biggest issue that the original internet architecture
does not solve well. Of course you can buy it as an add-on, but unless i am missing something,
there is seemingly no desire to see if/how we could solve it in a standard fashion at the
network/transport layer (as opposed to maybe per-application solutions).

Then again, this isn't even an Internet network layer problem alone, but one of
any platform with fundamentally uncontrolled large-scale any-to-any communication that
can be easily instantiated at large scale, e.g.: within large application platforms for example.

Cheers
    Toerless