[ih] Better-than-Best Effort

Jack Haverty jack at 3kitty.org
Thu Aug 26 18:34:39 PDT 2021

On 8/26/21 4:27 PM, Toerless Eckert via Internet-history wrote:
> So i fear better
> QoS architectures for the Internet are also a victim of commercial interests that
> ultimately will make the Internet and its high level of oversight get replaced
> by various propriety network service offerings with better QoS.

Believable, but sad.   If it comes true, the Internet will devolve into
a set of competing silos, much like other computing/applications have
been doing.   Perhaps it already has. The original vision of The
Internet as a global community of computers of any type, communicating
using networks of any technology, will have proven unattainable.
Perhaps we are seeing the end of  the Internet Experiment.

/Jack