[ih] Literary Estate of M A Padlipsky

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 20:48:30 PDT 2021

M A Padlipsky Memorial Website update

For the 10th Anniversary of the passing of Michael A Padlipsky, the
Literary Estate of MAP announces a revamp of his spectral web presence
<https://n1vux.github.io/articles/MAP/>.

Content is divided into "The Book" and ^Old Network Boy^ matters
(Multics/DARPAnet/TCP-IP...); his 20thC Single Malt Scotch fandom and "The
Research Notes"; and Literary Matters - "The Thesis" on SciFi as LitCrit
and related anecdotes etc.

Some things like the Pun of the Year '86 and The Wake span sections,
naturally!

Net-new material by your humble literary executor and editor not previously
on the web include the expanded posthumous postscripts on the MOHM quest,
the Scotch menu for the Wake, detailed bibliography of the other-guy's
more-firstest thesis, and interpolating a narrative in between Mike's own
early and late writings on the MOHM with his Malts-L posts.

(I regret to share that Mike's final fiancée, hostess of our Wake for Mike,
was one of many, many notable people to ^pass on^ in 20:20, the year of the
stopped clock. As was one of the classmates at the wake and primary
executor.)

(And yes, this includes a new archival home for his technical history
essay, And They Argued All Night. I'll take requests for other fondly
remembered essays to prioritize for adding.)

WILLIAM D RICKER

for the Literary Estate of Michael A Padlipsky

--
Bill Ricker
bill.n1vux at gmail.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/n1vux