[ih] FTP RIP

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Sep 29 03:38:41 PDT 2020

    > From: Jack Haverty

    > This situation was discussed extensively, of course by using email as
    > the medium, and triggering the formation of various lists such as
    > HEADER-PEOPLE where the pros and cons were debated ad nauseam.
    > Sadly, I think little of those discussions was ever captured in RFCs,
    > and email archives seem elusive or incomplete.

I did manage to save MSGGROUP and most of Header-People archives, and put them up:

  http://www.chiappa.net/~jnc/tech/header/
  http://www.chiappa.net/~jnc/tech/msggroup/

If anyone knows of a copy of the issing two at the front of H-P (i.e. before 6
November, 1976), that would be great.

Luckily I seem to have a pack-rat nature, and have saved a lot of stuff, e.g. the Unix NCP.

	Noel