[ih] FTP RIP

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Sun Sep 27 14:56:38 PDT 2020

And the impetus for one of the great Padlipskyisms!

When the discussion in an FTP meeting turned to the BYTE command. (The BYTE command essentially set the ‘word size’ for the file.)  Someone asked a question along the lines of “So what happens if I STORe a file with a BYTE size of 23 and RETRieve it with a BYTE size of 17.

Padlipsky sitting in the far corner of the room, piped up, “Sometimes when changing apples into oranges, you get lemons!”

Everyone agreed that was the right answer.  ;-)

John