[ih] Publishing our computing memorues

David Walden dave.walden.family at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 08:14:59 PDT 2020

Hi,

A various times I have encouraged members of this internet history list to publish their stories of computing history in the IEEE Annals of the History of Computing.  I still recommend this as this is a place future historian are likely to look for information.

Another place you can record your memories is ethw.org which is likely to  survive longer than this list or your personal website.  See, for instance,
https://ethw.org/Archives:BBN_computing_history:_A_Culture_of_Innovation
which I created this morning.

Since ethw.org is a wiki, collaboration in developing a record of a piece of history is possible.

(Computing historians themselves discuss things at sigcis.org)

For my general discussion of the importance of we computing practitioners collecting and recording computing history, see
https://walden-family.com/texland/tb128walden-noticing.pdf
I welcome suggestions for improvement of the argument.

Dave