[ih] Update on filtered list posts

Joseph Touch touch at strayalpha.com
Tue Sep 15 16:15:55 PDT 2020

Hi all (and esp. Andrew),

First, I want to again thank the Andrew and his support for ISOC hosting this list. They don’t have do, and I at least sincerely appreciate their support.

Second, I want to remind everyone on this list, in case it isn’t clear, that I created this list as a community service. It was not created as an exercise in group list design or management. It’s offered as-is. If it isn’t wanted or preferred, you’re always welcome to post elsewhere.

And finally,I will note that it took me several years and a nontrivial amount of effort and investigation to find a new location that, IMO, is a reasonable home for a list of this nature that I hope will be available long into the future. That process was motivated by a real need due to the lack of reliable Internet services at ISI (ironic, perhaps from the outside).

IMHO, the silent failure of a few posts due to legitimate spam filtering with an arguably over-zealous single pattern does not rise to the level of warranting a repeat of that effort.

I invite you all to go back to your regularly scheduled debates on actual Internet history now. If you feel you have spare time and want to comment further, I would encourage you to consider focusing your energy on writing a thank you note to Andrew instead.

Joe (as list admin)