[ih] Update on filtered list posts

Joseph Touch touch at strayalpha.com
Tue Sep 15 08:26:55 PDT 2020

Hi, all,

I have confirmed that ISOC runs a filter that checks for “inappropriate” words prior to Mailman handling.

That filter was configured to trigger on the word “hook-up” (without the hyphen) due to a spam flurry a few years ago.

That tag seems a bit too generic, as we found out. I’ve suggested they look for a more specific phrase if possible, but for the current time, please insert a hyphen or space on that word. Also, note that profanity also trips the trigger, though we’d appreciate avoiding those terms rather than trying to find work-arounds.

FYI.

Joe (as list admin)