[ih] Recently restored and a small ARPANET was run using simulated IMP hardware. (was: TTL [was Exterior Gateway Protocol])

Barbara Denny b_a_denny at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 7 08:41:12 PDT 2020

 Interesting.  My recollection is just referring to the radio folks as Rockwell (John Jubin and Neil Gower?). They were located in Texas.  Just to straighten it out in my head I did a little searching and Wikipedia says Collins Radio was bought by Rockwell International in 1973 and they became Rockwell Collins. But in 2001 there was a split out of an avionics division from Rockwell International and that part is the current Rockwell Collins Inc. I hope I got this right.  I imagine I just shortened the name in my head at the time without realizing any potential problem.
Perhaps the first packet radio contract was with Collin Radio. I don't remember the date of the very beginning of packet radio.  I think the last generation of packet radio hardware, the LPR,  was done by Hazeltine.  There is a LPR in the Computer History Museum.
Maybe I will be able to double check with others about the download question. I thought we had that capability.
barbara