[ih] Recently restored and a small ARPANET was run using simulated IMP hardware. (was: TTL [was Exterior Gateway Protocol])

the keyboard of geoff goodfellow geoff at iconia.com
Sun Sep 6 13:03:58 PDT 2020

jack, vis-a-vis packet radio (PR) wireless email vs. the NTP/RIM litigation
yours truly consulted on:

For Sure there was an Internet connection in yours truly's experience:

the first thing yours truly brought up was Norm Abramson's ALOHANET in the
early 70's with respect to wireless email (over the ARPANET) -- for which
yours truly had first hand/personal experience during multiple "vacations"
to Hawaii with telneting from/via the menehune application level gateway at
UH Manoa to SRI-AI. :D

BUT, in the NTP/RIM litigation case: the ALOHANET "experience" (or "prior
art" if you will) didn't "count" against vis-a-vis the various NTP patents
"legitimacy" -- for which there were multiple -- for each NTP patient had
many claims in them and were constructed around "machine-to-machine"
protocol "interaction" via/with an X.25 network, MTA's and a (one-way)
paging wireless network vs. our collective ARPANET(NCP)/Internet(TCP/IP)
Packet Radio net telnet/terminal "experiences" we all had in the 70's and
80's.

geoff

Geoff.Goodfellow at iconia.com
living as The Truth is True