[ih] Exterior Gateway Protocol

Barbara Denny b_a_denny at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 2 12:45:47 PDT 2020

 That is my recollection too. EGP had topology constraints.
barbara
    On Wednesday, September 2, 2020, 08:07:37 AM PDT, Scott O. Bradner via Internet-history <internet-history at elists.isoc.org> wrote:

 my recollection was that EGP could not be twisted enough to be able to deal with the actual
topology that was evolving on the Internet

Scott

ps - I tried to open an old powerpoint presentation (from the late 1990s) where I discussed EGP & BGP
but it seem like the oldest version of PowerPoint I have had evolved enough that it will no longer open
that version  - I mention that because there is yet again a discussion on the IETF list about RFC formats
and some people have argued, as people have argued for at least 20 years, that moving to MS Word
would be a good thing