[ih] Exterior Gateway Protocol

tony.li at tony.li tony.li at tony.li
Tue Sep 1 21:16:11 PDT 2020

> I assume that Cisco IOS of the time did.  Did any other network operating system vendor or 3rd party vendor have EGP implementations?

Yes Cisco IOS (now Classic) did. I was the maintainer for awhile.

I can corroborate that there was EGP on BSD, as already mentioned. I was a sysadmin for oberon.usc.edu <http://oberon.usc.edu/>, running EGP against the mailbridges.  Losing your mailbridge slot and having to wait until the next site crashed and a slot opened up was No Fun.

Tony