[ih] SpaceX may spend billions to outsource Starlink satellite-dish production, an industry insider says — and could lose $2,000 on each one it sells

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Fri Nov 27 09:54:44 PST 2020

Larry Press wrote in
 <BYAPR03MB3863F6E0BC8781DFD7098EB3C2F90 at BYAPR03MB3863.namprd03.prod.outl\
 ook.com>:
 |I suggested the UN because Starlink, et al utilize a global commons \
 |that must be maintained -- kept clear debris and regulated.

Hard to imagine someone cares about the "common" state of oceans,
or anything else.  And if, mostly a local temporary time passage
that will pass sooner or later, as it always have been.  Well i do
not know.  As far as i know most things are now scheduled to
regulary burn in atmosphere, there have been political pressure
storms once debris was actively produced (it has to fit, however).
All very political.  Surrounding the topic space debris many, many
suggestions over the last decades could be read about in the
media.  But just as McDonalds (mostly, here) is not granted
responsibility for all the thrown-away dishes etc. that their
consumers do no longer care about, and which have to be removed at
the cost of tax payers (if at all [possible], and that is how it
is done here) ...

Not to be misunderstood, i personally am all in favour of what the
original U[NO++] idea, as i understand it, was all about.  But
that is just Monkey business, for most types of monkey, building
alliances and "cells of power", and everyone who makes it to the
top as part of such, earns a bit (more), here and there.
You have to reflect and change yourself, and that would have to
be reflected by politics, covered by powerful politics, all the
time, in order to reach a truly civilized "higher" stage of being.
I do not see this for major players.  Sometimes not at all.

--steffen