[ih] SpaceX may spend billions to outsource Starlink satellite-dish production, an industry insider says — and could lose $2,000 on each one it sells

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Thu Nov 26 14:43:00 PST 2020

Steffen Nurpmeso wrote in
 <20201126222959.oKNlq%steffen at sdaoden.eu>:
 |Larry Press wrote in
 | <BYAPR03MB3863016BC57FD91A2ABB06C4C2F90 at BYAPR03MB3863.namprd03.prod.outl\
 | ook.com>:
 ||> I think now the time has come to raise massive taxes on these
 ||things which violate the heaven above.
 ||Who would you have the tax paid to? The UN perhaps?
 |
 |I feel happy to response in a way that may appear offensive :-))
 |Of course the countries where the service is used.
 |But here we do have little businesses and a still _somewhat_ alive
 |village and city infrastructure, with people living and living

Not to forget widely available truly clean un-fracked drinking
water and minimally acceptable use of chemicals in agriculture.
Of course we treat animal heart and souls that every halfways
empathic individual has to cry, it is a shame.  And that's all.
Anyhow, all this imposes pressure on the world, and does so for
a long time.  (I do _by far_ __not__ exclude Germany from the
latter sentence.)

Good night.

--steffen