[ih] NCP and TCP implementations

Barbara Denny b_a_denny at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 26 16:25:54 PDT 2020

 Regarding TCP/IP implementations in different languages,  I should also mention John Hight and I started work on a Navy contract to implement a gateway in Ada.  The time period for this effort was around 1983/1984.  ( I am not sure the time frame should include 1985 off the top of my head.) The compilers for the Ada language were not mature, and I think the released compilers still had not addressed Chapter 13(?) in the language definition.  Based on my memory, the project ended early due to a change in Navy personnel and their new interests.  Besides the software being written in Ada, the project's research focus was to address supporting the Navy's communication needs while under EMCON  (Emissions Control) .
I didn't intend to send so many messages on this language topic but past projects keep popping up in my head as I think more on the language question.
barbara