[ih] NCP and TCP implementations

Jack Haverty jack at 3kitty.org
Wed Jul 22 10:47:36 PDT 2020

We had a lot of trouble with LSI-11 devices inserted between a host and
an IMP.   Your experience may have been similar.   I even wrote a note
about the problem:

https://www.rfc-editor.org/ien/ien139.txt

The 1822 spec was about how to interface a Host to an IMP.  People
assumed the spec was symmetrical, but it wasn't.  An IMP had to do more
than a Host.   So you couldn't quite just plug two "1822" interfaces
together and get it to work reliably.

/Jack