[ih] NCP and TCP implementations

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Wed Jul 22 08:24:35 PDT 2020

On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 11:05 AM Lars Brinkhoff <lars at nocrew.org> wrote:

> Clem Cole wrote:
> > At some point, somebody (probably Phil, Danny Klein, or one of the
> > other PDP-10 folks) was messing with SUPDUP to try to talk to the 10s
> > better, I don't remember the status of that other than an attempt to
> > create it.
>
> Did the CMU PDP-10s have SUPDUP servers?  I was under the impression
> SUPDUP was mostly used on ITS, WAITS, and Lisp machines.

Possibly/must have been, but I don't remember using it locally.  I knew
about SUPDUP because of my CMU time, but my use of the PDP-10's there was
always on a terminal in the CS terminal room, and my use of ITS was pretty
much to run macsyma remotely over the ArpaNet.

Someone like Dan Klein might know, I'll try to ask him.