[ih] Usenet query

Mark Goodge mark at good-stuff.co.uk
Mon Jul 13 13:19:37 PDT 2020

On 13/07/2020 20:37, Grant Taylor via Internet-history wrote:

> Seeing as how Eternal-September and Aioe provide Usenet as a Service to
> the third category, I think they are both well within their rights to
> set the Organization: header.
>
> That being said, I peer with both E.S. and Aioe and I expect them to
> *NOT* alter the Organizational header that my internal news server sets.

FWIW, they don't. They set the header in one scenario only: when they
receive a message from one of their own users (via POST) that does not
have the header set. If the header is already set by the user, they
don't alter or replace it. And they don't add it, even if it is absent,
to a post received via IHAVE from another news server.

Mark