[ih] ih ML-manager configuration strips signatures(++)

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Fri Jul 10 07:29:22 PDT 2020

Dave Crocker via Internet-history wrote in
<c4f8c29f-5414-00aa-cf3f-f0441f6fa64e at dcrocker.net>:
 |On 7/9/2020 6:41 AM, Steffen Nurpmeso via Internet-history wrote:
 |> (A little bit
 |> funny that now that everybody goes for DKIM and we see this
 |> terrible "Name via List <list>" everywhere, personal and conscious
 |> signatures end up mutilated.)
 |
 |fwiw, that's an artifact of DMARC, not DKIM.

Oh yes, sorry, not meant to offend you.  But still, whereas
i really see DKIM, i do not like the way it is used.  I have seen
messages where several intermediate receivers each performed DKIM
verification, which i could possibly understand / deem ok, but
also generating DKIM anew.  Isn't that a tremendous waste of
resources of all kind, need- and useless, and how it increases
header size.  Just imagine every party along a traceroute chain
would reensure the origin (if it could).  No no, original sender
(create), a possible mailing-list manager on top (verify
+ create), and final receiver (verify), that would make sense to
me.  (The problem with the OpenPGP but especially S/MIME i like
more is that delayed authentication may no longer be possible.
And that it needs MIME.  And that the huge graphical / web mail
applications may not handle it nicely.)

--steffen