[ih] vint cerf thoughts on the .ORG Ethos/ISOC/PIR transaction...

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Tue Jan 14 17:41:10 PST 2020

> On Jan 14, 2020, at 3:14 PM, the keyboard of geoff goodfellow via Internet-history <internet-history at elists.isoc.org> wrote:
>
> real time Internet History in the making:

Yeah, it’s been particularly interesting for me, digging back into all the 2002 criteria and evaluation, and working with Mike and Esther, and seeing just how much our expectations have ratcheted down over the past eighteen years.

Some interesting reading, for instance:   https://archive.icann.org/en/tlds/org/ncdnhc-evaluation-report-19aug02.pdf

It’s fascinating watching the non-profit community learning from from the last failure, and coming together to craft a solution that will better live up to their needs this time.

                                -Bill