[ih] sad news: Peter Kirstein

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Wed Jan 8 20:09:29 PST 2020

Looking at this from a different perspective, we had Peter in our midst and
contributing heavily to networking successes and spread from about 1967
when I first met him while at UCLA. That's over half a century. What a
gift! His work is still evident and his story of collaboration undiminished
by his departure from our midst. Yes, another giant has left us, but his
work remains to remind us of what we can do when we work together. None of
that is gone though we shall not see him again in this world.

I am glad to have called him "friend" for many, many years.
vint

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 9:27 PM Bob Hinden via Internet-history <

> > On Jan 8, 2020, at 11:38 AM, Toerless Eckert via Internet-history <
> internet-history at elists.isoc.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 09, 2020 at 08:26:00AM +1300, Brian E Carpenter via
> Internet-history wrote:
> >> This is really bad news. And don't forget his team's true pioneering in
> video-conferencing over the Internet too.
> >
> > Indeed
>
> Yes, very sad news indeed.  Sigh...
>
> Bob
>

> > All MICE and friends will miss him dearly, and keep fond memories.
> >
> > Toerless
> >
> >> Regards
> >>   Brian Carpenter

> networking,