[ih] PDP-11 high level language [Re: how big was the host file]

jericho jericho at attrition.org
Thu Feb 6 14:24:15 PST 2020

First, this thread is fascinating, thank you to everyone providing this
great history.

On Thu, 6 Feb 2020, John Day via Internet-history wrote:

: We did a 3rd OS called the Hub, that was so simple, the whole thing fit
: 4K of code, 6 with buffers and later version was proven secure.

John,

Could you elaborate on what tests were performed at the time to call it
secure? I am curious to compare what type of standards and/or testing was
performed, as compared to modern designations of 'secure' (e.g. via audit,
compliance, pentesting, etc.).

I am a 'vulnerability historian' of sorts, so this is a rare time
something is squarely in my niche. =)

Thank you!

Brian