[ih] how big was the host file

Stephen Casner casner at acm.org
Thu Feb 6 08:18:06 PST 2020

In 1973 ISI had only one IMP, number 22.  There was only one PDP-10 at
the time, the KA-10, but by the fall there were at least two hosts,
with the second being a PDP-11.  I know that because that's when I
joined ISI, and the first project I worked on was helping to debug the
ISI-developed, ANTS-variant IMP interface for the PDP-11.

                                                        -- Steve