[ih] byte order, was Octal vs Hex, not Re: Dotted decimal notation

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Wed Dec 30 08:29:38 PST 2020

Good thing Bell went the direction he did.  DG never understood how to do stacks and stacks were crucial to what we were building on the PDP-11.  I always thought that putting auto-increment/decrement on the same side of the instruction was pretty dumb.

Bell knew what he was doing. Now if they just understood it a bit better when then added the Mark Stack on the 11/45 life would have been even better.