[ih] Today’s Internet Still Relies on an ARPANET-Era Protocol: The Request for Comments (Steve Crocker)

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Sat Aug 8 00:44:44 PDT 2020

> Oops, my bad.   I should have remembered that 1972 was about a decade
> too soon for Internet addresses!     Still, a very impressive piece of
> historic reconstruction.

Thank you.  Some new tapes have appeared, so I'll be able to downgrade
from ITS 724 to 715.  Still early 1972, though.  I'm not sure whether
these even have the NCP software.

But more importantly, I have seen a dozen or so DM tapes.  Most are
incremental backups, but a few full also.  I believe we have several
snapshots of Muddle, Zork, Trivia, etc, from the late 70s and early 80s.

I see about 20 files in your JFH directory, and 15 have the second
filename xJFH<version> as per the Dynamic Modeling convention.  If you
like, I can send you a full file list which you can then request from
MIT.

Best regards,
Lars Brinkhoff