[ih] Who owns old RFCs ?

Joseph Touch touch at strayalpha.com
Fri Apr 24 12:59:33 PDT 2020

Dan (et al.),

Sure - interoperability testing is a kind of group compliance; I understand how it aligns better with the Internet model of “nobody’s in charge”.

But as you note below, testing at that event gained its own imprimatur. Seeing something interoperate elsewhere didn’t have the same perceived value.

So call it what you want and run it how you want, we need this sort of positive “label”, otherwise the lack of a label doesn’t mean anything.

AFAICT, it’s gone now, though. Maybe the ISOC could bring it back somehow, but I doubt it…

Joe