[ih] Who owns old RFCs ?

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 14:05:56 PDT 2020

Just to close the loop, many recent RFCs which are updates of older ones
include this lawyer-approved legend:

   This document may contain material from IETF Documents or IETF
   Contributions published or made publicly available before November
   10, 2008.  The person(s) controlling the copyright in some of this
   material may not have granted the IETF Trust the right to allow
   modifications of such material outside the IETF Standards Process.
   Without obtaining an adequate license from the person(s) controlling
   the copyright in such materials, this document may not be modified
   outside the IETF Standards Process, and derivative works of it may
   not be created outside the IETF Standards Process, except to format
   it for publication as an RFC or to translate it into languages other
   than English.

Regards
   Brian Carpenter