[ih] origins of the term "hyperlink"

Brian Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 02:03:02 PDT 2020

That Wikipedia entry doesn't persuade me that the literal string
"hyperlink" dates back to the 1960s. And it's otherwise sloppy: "HyperTIES
was used to produce the world's first electronic journal, the July 1988
Communications of ACM, which was cited as the source for the link concept
in Tim Berners-Lee <https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Berners-Lee>'s
Spring 1989 manifesto for the Web." No, Tim knew all about (hyper)links in
1980 - I was there & used the original Enquire.

Regards
    Brian
    (via tiny screen & keyboard)

On Mon, 13 Apr 2020, 20:42 Joly MacFie via Internet-history, <