[ih] Defamation lawsuit brought by self-proclaimed email "inventor" settles

Dan Cross crossd at gmail.com
Fri May 31 08:48:46 PDT 2019

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 10:08 AM Vint Cerf <vint at google.com> wrote:

> there is something trumpian about this - making a massively false claim
> has kept ayyadurai's name visible in email storms among the cognoscenti for
> several years now.

One wonders why anyone should bother, but I am curious: If he were ignored,
would he fall into the obscurity he so readily deserves, or would he
continue burrowing through the legal system to try to force the issue?

Historically, the "correct" answer has been to ignore cranks. But when the
cranks force themselves into the spotlight, they can redefine the center
and push the non-cranks out to the fringe.

        - Dan C.