[ih] Defamation lawsuit brought by self-proclaimed email "inventor" settles

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Fri May 31 08:09:32 PDT 2019

On 5/31/2019 3:44 PM, Vint Cerf wrote:
> there is something trumpian about this - making a massively false claim
> has kept ayyadurai's name visible in email storms among the cognoscenti
> for several years now.

To me, what has been most impressive -- and frankly emblematic of the
larger fake news phenomenon -- is how poorly many journalists have done
their job at vetting the claims.  Given that it takes maybe 2 minutes --
10 if one is diligent -- to establish the basic problem with his claims,
this really is quite striking.

d/

ps. I believe the storms on lists like this are only due to the
continuing public media and legal activities.  A stray claim getting
little public coverage would get a single storm here, perhaps, but even
we show a damping effect after that.

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking