[ih] Telnet paper by email

David Walden dave.walden.family at gmail.com
Tue May 28 01:29:18 PDT 2019

Wayne,
This is probably the paper of which you are thinking.
   http://walden-family.com/public/telnet-overview.pdf
It was for the Fifth ACM/IEEE Symposium on Operating System Principles, September 1977.
It was reprinted in a couple of other places:  Partridge's compendium on networking innovations and the McQuillan/Cerf volume on network protocols.
Along with Bob Thomas, I organized the multi author writing effort, edited content together and sent drafts out for the other authors to review, and probably presented the paper.
Dave