[ih] Defamation lawsuit brought by self-proclaimed email "inventor" settles

Richard Bennett richard at bennett.com
Sat May 18 18:27:21 PDT 2019

Personally, I’m happy for Ayyadurai to lay claim to the invention of email. Wouldn’t it be nice if whenever people complain to you about spam or fake news chains, you can just say “Hey, what do you expect? This stuff was created by an adolescent doing a part time job. What do you expect, a grown-up design? LOL.”

RB

> On May 18, 2019, at 5:36 PM, Dr Eberhard W Lisse <el at lisse.na> wrote:
>
> Does it really, really matter who can lay claim to email?
>
> And, he didn't win, they settled.
>
> By the way, a link is not free advertising. It's a free link.
>
> el
>
> On 2019-05-18 23:26 , Richard Bennett wrote:
>> Is this a win or a loss for Masnick?
>>
>> It looks like Ayyadurai has won.  Masnick has to give him free
>> advertising after spending a small fortune to defend his speech rights
>> and Ayyadurai doesn't have to give up his criminal ways.
>>
>> This appears to put Masnick in the same position as an artist whose
>> work has been pirated who spends heavily in a lawsuit that fails to
>> stop the abuse of his speech rights.  Truly a sad thing for free
>> speech.
>>
>> RB
> [...]
>
> --
> Dr. Eberhard W. Lisse          / Obstetrician & Gynaecologist (Saar)
> el at lisse.NA            / *     |   Telephone: +264 81 124 6733 (cell)
> PO Box 8421                  /
> Bachbrecht, Namibia     ;____/
> _______

—