[ih] IMP Installation Schedule / SDC IMP

Karl Auerbach karl at cavebear.com
Mon Jul 22 23:42:24 PDT 2019

I would be very interested in any information about where at SDC the IMP
was.

I know that our group (Clark Weissman, Gerry Cole, Dave Kaufman, Frank
Heinrich, ... me) were very much wanting to get an IMP on site during
the 1972-<several years later>.   (Dave Kaufman and I were particularly
vocal about it - we had already conspired with Mark Kampe at UCLA about
various [hypothetical] scenarios in which we would make good use of the
lifting bolts on the top of IMP #1 at UCLA.  ;-)

We did have a Santa Barbara Box - an IBM 360 to IMP channel adapter
built by ACC in Santa Barbara (and run by Le Mo (sp?) at our end - but
as far as I know it was never hooked up to anything - it kinda sat in a
corner of my lab upstairs in the Q7 building. (I usually lived in the
2500 building - just across the bridge from Q7.)

                 --karl--