[ih] IMP Installation Schedule / SDC IMP

Darius Kazemi darius.kazemi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 13:19:41 PDT 2019

Yes I do!

An IMP was installed at Tinker on Feb 16, 1972. The note for that IMP says:

"Originally shipped to Tinker; removed to BB&N on 02/02/73; changed to a
TIP and shipped to UTAH on 8/31/73."

An IMP was installed at ETAC on November 30th, 1971. The note says:

"Originally shipped to ETAC; moved to Mc Clellan 3/10/72; moved again to
Xerox 9/26/72."

RFC-1000 names ETAC as the USAF Environmental Technical Application Center,
which in 1971 began "providing weather data for the ARPA Network".

So it looks like an IMP spent a year at Tinker and six months at McClellan.

-Darius