[ih] editors for real men, not Hourglass model question

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Sat Jul 6 07:17:31 PDT 2019

On 7/6/19 9:32 AM, John Levine wrote:
> In article <16bc73f1e78.2796.742cd0bcba90c1f7f640db99bf6503c5 at fantasyfarm.com> you write:
>> unless still hidden in emacs, i doubt TECO still exists these days
> Oh, humph.
>
> https://github.com/blakemcbride/TECOC
>
> It builds painlessly on my Mac laptop, and it's in the usual ports collections
> for linux and BSD.
> _______

Oh pish tosh.

REAL programmers use Butterflies!  (https://xkcd.com/378/)

(Though, in fairness, that doesn't work as well if you're writing a
paper in Tex).

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined:
nothing works and no one knows why.  ... unknown