[ih] Internet Path Analysis Tool?

Shane McEwan shane at mcewan.id.au
Tue Jan 15 20:18:11 PST 2019

On 16/1/19 11:19 am, Jack Haverty wrote:
> The goal was to develop a set of such metrics which would effectively
> measure the "quality" of a particular Internet path, track it over time,
> day-to-day, month, etc., and be able to set trigger points where that
> path would be considered "normal" or "degraded" or "unusable".

I used to work for a company that did this. Although not with captured
data (and not free :-P). They use techniques similar to traceroute to
discover the path and targeted HTTP requests for bandwidth and server
measurements. After some calculations it gives a "user experience score"
at the end that can be tacked over time.

https://www.actual-experience.com/

Shane.