[ih] Internet History Lives on the Internet?

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Mon Feb 25 15:01:49 PST 2019

In article <f68504ff-8efb-42f9-3783-38fdce52bda2 at 3kitty.org> you write:
>enforce the lending rules.  (Not sure how resistant it is to a motivated
>and talented hacker)

Not very.  It's easy to find scripts that will take the copy
protection off one of them.  For that matter, I had a borrowed book on
an old Kindle that I didn't connect to the net for a few weeks and it
no longer realized that it was supposed to delete the book.

>From the publisher's point of view it may be annoying but it costs
nothing since it's very unlikely that any of those would otherwise be
a lost sale.