[ih] Internet History Lives on the Internet?

Jack Haverty jack at 3kitty.org
Sun Feb 24 15:23:33 PST 2019

I don't know much about SOLID, but it appears to be addressing the
problem of handling individuals' personal private data, and controlling
who can access it.   What I described was somewhat of the inverse -
making data public, survivable, and accessible to everyone.  But maybe
there's overlap in any implementation.  Certainly there are lots of
pieces already in place somewhere, as evidenced by the success of
viruses, pirated videos, and the like.

The Internet has made possible new sorts of social mechanisms.  What I'm
imagining is more like applying Internet-style "crowd-funding" to the
problem of a historical archive, where people contribute cycles and
bytes rather than euros and dollars.

That wasn't possible pre-Internet, but it is now.   Thinking "outside
the box" is a lot easier.  The Internet made the box much bigger....

/Jack