[ih] ARPANET 50-year anniversary panel session with Vint, Steve Crocker, and others

David Walden dave.walden.family at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 15:05:49 PST 2019

On February 22, 2019, at 4:02 PM, Miles Fidelman <mfidelman at meetinghouse.net> wrote:
>Seems to me that it 50 years might be a good time for many of us to write essays on things we've observed and learned - as network users & builders.
>We've certainly seen entire industries & societal segments radically reshape themselves around network-centricity - some better than others, some not at all.

For improving the odds that what is written is available to future historians, I hope people consider publishing in explicit journals.

The on-line journal Internet Histories might be a place to publish:
   https://www.tandfonline.com/action/showMostReadArticles?journalCode=rint20

The IEEE Annals of the History of Computing is another place.  The Annals has several several departments to which different kinds of articles might be a submitted:
Feature articles -- https://history.computer.org/annals/
Departments -- https://history.computer.org/annals/departments/
- Biographies, https://history.computer.org/annals/bios/#ref-alphalist
- Interviews, https://history.computer.org/annals/interviews/