[ih] ARPANET 50-year anniversary panel session with Vint, Steve Crocker, and others

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Fri Feb 22 12:49:39 PST 2019

Seems to me that it 50 years might be a good time for many of us to
write essays on things we've observed and learned - as network users &
builders.

We've certainly seen entire industries & societal segments radically
reshape themselves around network-centricity - some better than others,
some not at all.

Me, I've been working on a series of blog posts titled "Notes of a
Network Watcher" - focused on how organizations have changed,
particularly in how we plan & organize complex activities (mission
planning & battle management, political campaigns, transit operations,
virtual businesses) in particular - reflecting my own experiences).

I'd sure like to see somebody write something on how the management of
movie production has changed - just looking at the credits for a modern
movie suggests that making a modern movie might be the only human
activity more complex than planning & waging war.

Anybody out there want to collaborate on a series of chapters to collect
into a book on "50 Years of a Network-Centric Society?" (Before we all
die off, and leave people to repeat mistakes that we've already made and
learned from.)

Cheers,

Miles Fidelman

On 2/22/19 1:23 PM, Andrew G. Malis wrote:
> This is definitely of interest to this list, great video.
>
> Cheers,
> Andy

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra