[ih] Internet addressing history section

Grant Taylor internet-history at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Thu Feb 14 11:11:11 PST 2019

On 02/13/2019 08:57 PM, Dave Taht wrote:
> Anyway, although I can add a lot more to the arpanet portion of the
> history section, and probably will, my current working draft of the
> history section of this document is now up here:
>
> https://github.com/dtaht/ipv4-cleanup/blob/master/rfcs/draft-gilmore-taht-v4uniext.txt#L117
>
> Feel free to make suggestions for more (or less!) content, comment as to
> my mental state, ancestry, naivety, and overall correctness of the cites -
> I note that the last cite I added today was rfc1925, which really should
> get cited more often.

Should the test-networks and / or link-local be included in the martian
lists?

169.254.0.0/16
192.0.2.0/24
198.51.100.0/24
203.0.113.0/24

Is the benchmark network, 198.18.0.0/15, still used for such?  Or could
it also be reclaimed?

Aside:  Is there a reason that you're using the octothorpe (#) instead
of the section symbol (§) when citing RFC sections?

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die