[ih] When the words Internet was design to survive a nuclear war appeared for the first time?

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Thu Feb 14 06:20:05 PST 2019

Alejandro Acosta wrote in <a66cd52b-a584-25e2-ff55-99f0f9a78545 at gmail.com>:
 |Hello All,
 |
 |  Today I was reading some news about Internet and in one of them I
 |found the phrase (that all of you have listened before):  "Internet
 |(ARPANET) was intended to survive a nuclear war", however, as far as I
 |know, this is kind of a myth, right?, ARPANET was intended as a research
 |network and the "war" part if very far away from the thuth.
 |
 |  My question would be: when the words "designed to survive a nuclear
 |war" appeared for the first time?

(I do not know.)  This must have been in the 70s, all the people
were building private shelters at that time, there is a famous
sketch of the very wonderful Loriot on that [1], please note it is
about advertising the shelter in question, the "K2000"
(Luftschutz"K"eller, for cellar (bomb-proof refuge)).  I wonder,
maybe that could be refurbished and be sold as "K2020", it could
become a bestseller!!!

  [1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC5z3GayRcQ

 |Alejandro,

Asi es la vida, viejo!