[ih] The history of "This" 0.0.0.0/8 network?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Feb 12 17:40:33 PST 2019

    > From: Dave Crocker

    > The Computer History Museum shows two versions in its archive ... but
    > apparently neither has been digitized.

Most of the important contents are available; e.g. "Host-to-Host Protocol for
the ARPANET" is available here:

  http://www.cbi.umn.edu/hostedpublications/pdf/McKenzieNCP1972.pdf

    > I'm not sure what you mean by NICs as you are using the term. I'm used
    > to its meaning Network Information Center, which is a group operation,
    > not a document series.

They also had a document series. E.g. the above document, in the January '78
edition of the 'ARPANET Protocol Handbook' (itself NIC 7104) is NIC 8246.

	Noel