[ih] RIP Danny Cohen

Stephen Casner casner at acm.org
Tue Aug 13 08:43:15 PDT 2019

Barbara Tversky informed me that Danny Cohen died yesterday morning,
peacefully at home.

We have lost another major figure in the development of Internet
protocols, particularly those related to packet audio and video.
Danny was my supervisor and mentor for several years at the beginning
of my career, so he played a big role in my professional development.
I was able to partially repay that debt by providing occasional tech
support during his later years as Parkinsons reduced his physical
abilities but never his wit.  We will miss him.

                                                        -- Steve