[ih] .UK vs .GB

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Sun Apr 15 07:10:23 PDT 2018

> On 15 Apr 2018, at 15:01, John Day <jeanjour at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> The idea of knowing what type the components of an identifier are is not inherently a bad idea. It certainly gives you more information for the database design that goes with it.

Agree, but in the case of X.400 and X.500 there was from my perspective a layer violation where there was not a distinction between the email address and the name. Although the same mistake is often implemented as a convention in smtp as well when people have first.last at domain construction in their email address. :-(

   Patrik