[ih] Yasha Levine's Surveillance Valley: The Secret Military History of the Internet -- Some Questions

Dave Walden dave.walden.family at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 04:15:18 PDT 2018

Jack,

My memory is that CCA (Computer Corporation of America -- Tom Merrill's
company) did the DataComputer.  They might also have been at 545 Tech
Square at the time but I am unsure of that.  IBM (the "Cambridge
Scientific" lab?) was also there (as you note) and did other important
things (my memory is vague, so I am uncertain of the following things
... the beginning of CP/CMS operating system, Script text processing
system, creation of GML, I think they may also have had the other CTSS
system, etc.) but I don't remember this group being connected to the
ARPANET (IBM was pushing SNA -- proprietary networking).

Dave