[ih] vm vs. memory

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Oct 26 06:14:04 PDT 2017

    > From: Paul Vixie

    > there _never was_ enough cohesion among all the people and companies
    > ... to get a meaningful plan. not even when the whole IETF fit in one
    > classroom. to imagine getting to such a plan today, i'd have to take
    > hard drugs.

You are, of course, quite correct.

I am left with considerable unease. You can't grow a large system without some
coherent plan for where you're going, what it will look like. But if that is
impossible...

Maybe the answer is some sort of guerilla deal; one person, or a small group,
which _does_ have such a plan, works 'under the radar' to make it happen.

I was kind of doing that at one point, until personal circumstances took me out
of the networking game...

	Noel