[ih] BBN C-series computers

Paul Ruizendaal pnr at planet.nl
Sat Oct 21 04:54:23 PDT 2017

I'm trying to get a better understanding of the BBN C30, C70 and C60 machines. Google seems to yield little relevant info for them.

>From brief references in other documents my understanding is that these were microprogrammable machines with 10-bit bytes and 20-bit addresses. Maybe they were all the same machine in different configurations.

I think the C30 was used to replace the 316/516 as IMP's from 1980 onwards. The C70 seems to have been a "Unix machine", perhaps targeted at a role as gateway (router). The C60 seems to have been a general purpose version for the broader market.

Any further info about these machines welcome.